CamAlarms have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the team as a Fire & Security Service Engineer.
Purpose of the role :
To respond to the Service requests of CamAlarms’ client base, within the Fire and Security Industry. Service and maintenance of addressable and non-addressable fire systems, DDA systems and security systems.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Service & maintain fire alarm systems.
- Service & maintain security alarm systems.
- Service & maintain emergency lighting systems.
- Service & maintain DDA compliant systems.
- Compile/ complete maintenance engineers reports.
- Compile/ complete site survey reports
- Attend to fire alarm system fault calls.
- Attend to security alarm system fault calls.
- Work overtime & weekends as per the requirements of the company.
- Be part of an on-call rota.
- Complete van stock reports
- Complete van condition reports
- Assist other departments when required.
- Inform the office immediately of any major system failures or site problems.
- Clean up any rubbish/debris following completion of your works.
- Prompt and accurate response to client enquires escalating to the Projects Coordinator and Management Team where appropriate.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is obtained and processed promptly and in adherence to the company’s ISO procedures – chasing when not received.
- Be professional, presentable and customer centric at all times – delivering an exceptional customer experience by providing an exemplary high standard of personal customer service.
- To build and maintain strong client relationships and uphold the positive reputation of CamAlarms Limited.
THIS LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND FURTHER REQUIREMENTS MAY BE REQUESTED BY SENIOR MANAGEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME.
Skills requirements :
- Extensive knowledge of installations of fire and security systems.
- Systems commissioning knowledge preferred, but not essential.
- FIA course 1, 2/3 and 6 will be preferred.
- Knowledge on Kentec, Advanced and Morley systems – Ziton and Gent would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Texecom and Galaxy Grade 2 & 3 Intruder alarm systems
- Knowledge of Paxton and controlsoft/ HID access control systems
- Knowledge of Dahua/ Hikvision CCTV Systems
- Knowledge of Baldwin Boxall and C-TEC DDA systems
- Complete servicing of systems, including witness testing and client demonstration and training being able to plan and communicate well within the team, suppliers and customers.
- Extensive knowledge of carrying out fire and security maintenance.
- Carrying out logical and accurate fault finding and diagnostics.
- Be able to complete relevant documentation.
- A good understanding of installation/electrical procedures and principles related to the fire and security industry.
- Computer literate with understanding of Word, Excel, Outlook and general IT skills.
- Strong written, verbal and numerical skills – with both colleagues and customers.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Positive can-do attitude towards career development.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Committed and willing to go the extra mile to get tasks completed on time.
- Well-presented, portraying a professional image of the business.
- Ability to work successfully as a team member and on own.
- Ability and desire to learn the legal and regulatory compliance for the Fire and Security Industries.
- Ability to fault find and resolve issues in a logical manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and complete relevant documentation.
- Applies basic problem-solving skills.
- Understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings.
- Display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- To be computer literate.
- Flexible and proactive when facing challenges.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Provides polite, accurate and timely information in response to customer requests.
- Inform and educate customers regarding available system alternatives where they exist.
- Treats customers with courtesy, sensitivity and fairness, building a positive rapport.
- Willing to go the extra mile to satisfy customers’ differing needs and commitments.
HOURS OF WORK: 40hrs p/w
REPORTING TO: Service Supervisor Service Manager
As an ideal candidate you should have proven experience in a fire and security role. You will be organised, have strong verbal communications with the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues.
If you relish the opportunity to work autonomously and want to be part of a growing independent local business then send over your CV now to email@example.com.