CamAlarms have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the team as a Fire & Security Estimator.
Purpose of the role :
To review tender enquiries ensuring all tender documents are technically understood, quoted in line with the specification together with the tender enquiry.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Estimating, quoting, designing fire alarm and security systems
- Produce quotes and design fire systems (fit outs / modifications and small complete systems) in line with BS5839-1
- Producing multi-disciplined accurate quotations to Customers in a timely manner
- Completion and submission of Quotations, Bill of Quantities, and tenders’ documents
- Ability to carry out site surveys
- Reading site drawings accurately
- Keeping up to date with knowledge of Fire, CCTV, Access Control, and Intruder systems
- High level of self-motivation can do attitude, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines
- Capability to work independently or within a team when required.
- Be always professional and customer centric.
- Ensure that communication is maintained throughout the business to assist with maximising cost saving use of labour and making efficiencies to ensure revenues and margins are maximised.
- Updating tender software systems databases
THIS LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND FURTHER REQUIREMENTS MAY BE REQUESTED BY SENIOR MANAGEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME.
Skills requirements :
- Technical knowledge of a variety of fire alarm systems from different manufacturers
- In depth knowledge of current and appropriate fire and life safety regulations
- Knowledge of other related systems such as voice alarm and security CCTV and access control systems
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness within the fire & security / electrical industry
- Fire & Security estimating experience
- Organised with good time management
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Work to high company standards
- Have good customer relations skills
- Computer literate with understanding of Word, Excel, Outlook and general IT skills
- Demonstrates CamAlarms Limited Customer Service standards.
- Provides polite, accurate and timely information in response to customer requests.
- Inform and educate customers regarding available system alternatives where they exist.
- Treats customers with courtesy, sensitivity, and fairness.
- Builds positive rapport.
- Applies basic problem-solving skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile to satisfy customers’ differing needs and commitments.
- Strong written, verbal, and numerical skills – with both colleagues and customers.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Positive can-do attitude towards career development.
- Exceptional organisational skills – you will regularly be required to oversee and deal with several tasks at short-notice so need to be able to adapt well and keep a level head during stressful situations.
- Committed and willing to go the extra mile to get tasks completed on time.
- Well-presented, portraying a professional image of the business.
- Ability to work successfully as a team member and on own.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand matters of a financial nature and conform to budgetary constraints.
LOCATION: Fordham, Cambs
HOURS OF WORK: 40hrs p/w
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
As an ideal candidate you should have proven experience in an Estimating role. You will be organised, have strong verbal communications with the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues.
If you are looking for an office-based role, relish the opportunity to work autonomously and want to be part of a growing independent local business then send over your CV now to email@example.com.