JOB VACANCY: Senior Fire & Security Service Engineer
LOCATION: Fordham, Cambridgeshire
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours basic per week; Monday-Friday
SALARY: To be discussed
HOLIDAY: 31 days including public holidays
ON CALL ROTA: Yes
CamAlarms have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the team as a Senior Fire & Security Service Engineer. This position would ideally suit someone who is looking to expand on their current career by moving into a senior engineer’s position. Full training will be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a senior engineer you will be required to undertake the service and maintenance of Fire Alarm, Intruder Alarm, CCTV and Access Control systems, across a number of our key sites. The successful candidate shall be given internal and external training to enable them to undertake the service and maintenance on fire and security projects, assist with site surveys, assist with service planning, assist with engineers’ audits & oversee other service engineers in a senior supporting role.
- Holds a full UK drivers’ licence
- GCSE English and Maths at least grade C (or equivalent)
- Good written and verbal communication skills with colleagues and customers
- Motivated, enthusiastic individual with a positive can-do attitude
- Well-presented, portraying a professional image of the business
- Strong organisation and time-keeping
- 5-10 Years’ experience in fire and security maintenance
- Committed and willing to go the extra mile to get tasks completed on time
- Good understanding of health and safety in the workplace
- Able to adapt well in new situations and keep a level head during stressful situations
The ideal candidate will be motivated and capable of working as part of an overall team. We are looking for an individual who is keen to learn with the ability to develop, take on and understand new products and technology. They will be friendly and approachable when dealing with other members of the team, clients and customers. Have good time management and be comfortable working in a range of environments supporting & providing technical support from other engineers. They will need to work out of hours as part of our flexible on call team. They will be conscientious in their role, in a senior responsible position they will be trustworthy and honest in their conduct. A clean criminal record is essential – all of our engineers need to be screened to BS7858 and DBS checked prior to passing their probation.
Full time position available following successful probationary period.
If you are interested in this position, then please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org