CamAlarms have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the team as a Fire & Security Small Works Engineer. This position would ideally suit someone who has worked in small works, installation & commissioning roles within the fire & security sector.
Roles & responsibilities:
As a small works engineer you will be required to undertake the Installation & commissioning of Fire Alarm, Intruder Alarm, CCTV and Access Control systems, across East Anglia. The successful candidate shall be given internal and external training to enable them to develop within this role.
- Holds a full UK drivers’ licence
- GCSE English and Maths at least grade C (or equivalent)
- Good written and verbal communication skills with colleagues and customers
- Motivated, enthusiastic individual with a positive can-do attitude
- Well-presented, portraying a professional image of the business
- Strong organisation and timekeeping
- 5–10 years’ experience in fire and security maintenance
- Committed and willing to go the extra mile to get tasks completed on time
- Good understanding of health and safety in the workplace
- Able to adapt well in new situations and keep a level head during stressful situations
The ideal candidate will be motivated and capable of working as part of an overall team. We are looking for an individual who is keen to learn with the ability to develop, take on and understand new products and technology. They will be friendly and approachable when dealing with other members of the team, clients and customers. Have good time management and be comfortable working in a range of environments supporting & providing technical support from other engineers. They will need to work out of hours as part of our flexible on-call team. They will be conscientious in their role; they will be trustworthy and honest in their conduct. A clean criminal record is essential – all our engineers need to be screened to BS7858 and DBS checked prior to passing their probation.
Full time position available following successful probationary period.
LOCATION: Fordham, Cambridgeshire
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours basic per week; Monday–Friday
SALARY: Discussed at interview
HOLIDAY: 31 days including public holidays
PENSION: Yes ON CALL ROTA: Yes
OVERTIME: OT enhanced rates 1.5 x Mon – Sat 2 x 12:00pm – 8:00am Sunday + BH
COMPANY VEHICLE: Yes
TRAVEL TIME: Yes
FUEL CARD: Yes
LAPTOP OR TABLET: Yes
MOBILE PHONE: Yes
If you are interested in this position, then please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com