JOB VACANCY: Apprentice Fire & Security Engineer
LOCATION: Fordham, Cambridgeshire
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours basic per week; Monday-Friday
SALARY: To be discussed
HOLIDAY: 28 days including public holidays
CamAlarms have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the team as an Apprentice Fire & Security Engineer. This position would ideally suit someone who is looking for an exciting career where they can develop a long-term profession with a reputable fire and security company. Full training will be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As an apprentice engineer you will be required to assist on the service and installation of Fire Alarm, Intruder Alarm, CCTV and Access Control systems. The successful candidate shall be given internal and external training to enable them to undertake installation works on fire and security projects, assist with system design and site surveys, investigate faults and establish solutions, and complete routine maintenance tasks.
- Holds a full UK drivers’ licence
- GCSE English and Maths at least grade C (or equivalent)
- Good written and verbal communication skills with colleagues and customers
- Motivated, enthusiastic individual with a positive can-do attitude
- Well-presented, portraying a professional image of the business
- Strong organisation and time-keeping
- Committed and willing to go the extra mile to get tasks completed on time
- General understanding of health and safety in the workplace
- Able to adapt well in new situations and keep a level head during stressful situations
The ideal candidate will be motivated and capable of working as part of an overall team. We are looking for an individual who is keen to learn with the ability to develop, take on and understand new products and technology. They will be friendly and approachable when dealing with other members of the team, clients and customers. They will be able to work independently, with good time management and be comfortable working in a range of environments with minimal guidance. They may need to work out of hours so should be flexible with their time. They will be conscientious in their role. Being in a responsible position they will be trustworthy and honest in their conduct. A clean criminal record is essential – all of our engineers need to be screened to BS7858 and DBS checked prior to passing their probation.
Full time position available following successful probationary period.
If you are interested in this position, then please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org